Help at Home (as employer): to work for elderly couple
Near Western & Bryn Mawr
Contact Phone Number:
Minimum Degree Requirements:
Current nursing student with some classes or instruction or experience with working with elderly patients.
We are looking for 2 part-time nursing student caregivers for my 91-year old father who just ended a long series of radiation treatments for a very unique hybrid form of bladder/prostrate cancer.
Flexible schedules and hours to accommodate your nursing student’s hectic schedules. As a result, we would formulate each of our part-time positions to about 8-12 hours per week to be worked within the student’s preferred schedule in the period of Monday through Sunday during the hours of 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (e.g. 3-4 hours each day for two days per week).
The focus of the positions would entail providing home health care for my elderly, father who is recovering both: a) the pain of loosing his wife of 65 years and b) the atrophy of his body from the prolonged radiation treatments. Therefore, the duties would include:
1. Guiding dad through both: a) walking and b) prescribed physical therapy exercises to keep him physically active. Key: training would be provided in proper exercises and techniques to administer to the patient.
2. Engaging dad in conversation to keep him mentally active.
3. Traveling with dad to the stores to ensure he doesn’t fall and is safe.
The key is this would still be a perfect part time job for someone in the health care field and a great first step towards their ultimate full time job!
The student would be still hired by, trained by, work through, be paid by and receive a certificate from an accredited home health care agency, which be approved by the State of Illinois program my father has been approved by. As a result, this would be another, nice thing for your students to use on their resumes. Furthermore, as we discussed, these agencies hire full time nurses. So when they graduate, these would be another employment option for your students.
Additionally, though the starting pay rate would only be about $11-12 per hour, there are three added bonuses:
1. The pay rate will increase over time.
2. Our family would be willing to provide additional incentive bonuses based upon reaching certain mutually agreed upon milestones.
3. As an added bonus: I would provide this person free job counseling advice to help this person land a full time job after serving several months taking care of my mom. The key is I’m one of the top recruiters and job experts in the area including appearing live on WGN Radio. Please go to https://strategicsearch.com/media-center/ to review some of my recent media appearances.
The location would be near Foster and Western in Chicago (i.e. Easily accessible by public transportation).