• Must be licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Illinois is required.
• Current CPR card is required. (Must provide card at time of interview.)
• One (1) year recent, within the last three (3) years, paid clinical experience in acute care or ambulatory facility is required.
• Active ACLS certification is preferred.
• A Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing is preferred.
Clinical Nurse – Urgent Care
Cermak Health Services at Cook County Jail
Cook County Health & Hospitals System
Provides professional nursing care to all patients/detainees of various ages utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation. Effectively interacts with patients/detainees, correctional officers, peers, department heads, physicians and multi-disciplinary health teams. Maintains standards of professional nursing. Utilizes critical thinking and problem-solving skills to effect positive patient outcomes. Practices within the scope of the Nurse Practice Act. The Clinical Nurse I, demonstrates accountability for leadership by directing, supervising and coordinating the activity of ambulatory and infirmary personnel, including the License Practical Nurse and other nursing support staff assigned to the area. Responsible for offering constructive suggestions of the improvement of patient care, clinical management, interdepartmental relationships and health education of patients/detainees. Demonstrates flexibility and participates in environmental change. Demonstrates a leadership role in quality improvement and fiscal accountability.
Link to this job posting for a detailed job description and application process: https://cookcountyil.taleo.net/careersection/200/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&j...
To receive Veteran Preference, appropriate discharge papers must be attached to the online application or included with your emailed resume/CV.