• Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN) from a school of nursing with additional post graduate coursework in Nursing, Business Administration or Healthcare Administration is required. (Must provide original college / university transcript at time of interview.)
• Must be licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Illinois.
• Minimum of Five (5) years of recent nursing experience within a hospital environment.
• Minimum of Three (3) years of experience in nursing supervision or experience as a charge nurse.
• Minimum of Two (2) years of recent trauma or critical care nursing experience.
• Must be certified in Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) card. (Must provide proof at time of interview)
• Must have active Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) card. (Must provide proof at time of interview)
• Strong interpersonal skills to interact with staff, patients, hospital staff, and patient families.
• Strong leadership and project management skills.
• Demonstrates understanding of the current requirements of accrediting agencies (Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO).
NURSE COORDINATOR - CRITICAL CARE & TRAUMA
John H Stroger Hospital
Cook County Health & Hospitals System
The Nurse Coordinator II oversees all aspects of patient care within the designated Critical Care unit or Intensive Care unit, on a 24 hour basis, by evaluating, directing, and supervising all activities of the nursing staff. This position has first line responsibility for clinical and personnel management, patient care, budgeting, and quality service delivery for the unit. The Nurse Coordinator II acts as the day to day manager for all nursing staff in the assigned unit, multiple units, or for a specified patient population. The nursing leadership position requires prior experience and demonstrated mastery in various areas of patient related area.