• Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois.
• Must be certified in Basic Life Support (BLS). (Must provide proof at time of interview).
• One (1) year prior Medical/Surgical nursing experience in an acute care setting.
• Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited college or university.
• Bilingual in English/Spanish.
Clinical Nurse – Med/Surg Unit
John H Stroger Hospital
Cook County Health & Hospitals System
The Clinical Nurse I is a professional care provider who is responsible and accountable for coordinating and providing safe, effective individualized nursing care to critically ill patients and supportive care to significant others. Assesses patient’s needs and plan, implement and evaluate nursing care according to established standards. These activities require nursing judgment based on application of scientific principles of nursing, critical thinking, problem solving and teaching / learning. May also supervise and assign duties to others when assigned as Charge Nurse or Team Leader.