• Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse with the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, Division of Professional Regulation.
• Valid Illinois Driver’s License
• Daily access to a well maintained vehicle with 100,000/300,000 auto liability insurance
• Minimum one year of nursing experience preferably in a community mental health setting highly preferred
• Experience in care coordination highly preferred
• Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
About Trilogy Behavioral Healthcare:
Trilogy Behavioral Healthcare Inc. strongly believes that treatment services are more effective when provided in the client’s natural setting, hence, the majority of services provided are located in the community. Trilogy Behavioral Healthcare Inc. also employs a holistic approach to each client’s treatment and integrates all facets of our clients’ lives including mental/emotional health, physical health/wellness, employment and education, social and family relationships, substance use/abuse issues, and housing needs.
Typical services provided include case management, counseling/therapy, individual skills training, medication training, crisis intervention, linkage to community resources, advocacy, assessment, and treatment planning.
The Nurse Care Coordinator is accountable for coordinating and facilitating client services across the various levels of the continuum for a population of clients. He/she will assist clients and their health team in navigating through the healthcare system based on individual and client population needs. The Nurse Care Coordinator will serve as a role model in promoting continuity of care by coordinating across interdisciplinary teams of primary care providers, psychiatric providers, medical specialists, occupational therapists, transitional coordinators, and case management teams. He/she will conduct integrated health nursing assessments and communicate findings to the transition team to determine care planning needs for clients transitioning from skilled nursing facilities to community based settings.
• Demonstrate and apply knowledge of the philosophy/principles of comprehensive, community based, family-centered, developmentally appropriate, culturally sensitive care coordination services
• Conduct Integrated Health Assessments (IHAs) with assigned caseload, and communicate findings to appropriate team members
• Address health needs of individuals with serious mental illness and substance use disorders; i.e. administer specified medications, including long-acting injectable antipsychotics, obtain vital signs, point-of-care testing (POCT), GeneSight specimens for genetic testing, and document in the electronic health record
• Provide health education to promote health and wellness for clients with chronic diseases
• Support skill building and independence with health management for clients with complex medical needs
• Maintain, interpret, and evaluate client health records and medical reports
• Assist with or promote the identification of clients in the practice with specified health care needs, add to registry, and use information to plan and monitor care
• Build care relationships among clients and team; support the primary care-giving role of the client
• Implement care plans, evaluate effectiveness, monitor progress, and effect change as needed. Use age appropriate transition timetables for interventions within care plans.
• Identify and communicate a self-management plan specifically developed to assist with the improvement of self-monitoring and symptom identification. Empower clients to identify changes in health status and recognize the need to notify their physician and team of changes.
• Recommend health related community resources as indicated with/for the client.
• Facilitate communication with the interdisciplinary team to discuss plan of care and assist with expediting care across the continuum.
• Collaborate with nursing home staff, physicians, clients, family, insurance carriers, medical office staff, customers, and facilities to assess the client’s healthcare needs and assure appropriate, safe, cost effective, timely, and efficient services are provided. Utilize clinical and social work experts as needed to ensure delivery of comprehensive client services.
• Identify service delivery problems and potential for effective care management intervention. Assist in identifying system problems and issues that impede diagnostic or treatment progression to the appropriate administrative liaison. Collaborate with the interdisciplinary team when delays occur in consults, treatments, discharge planning, or procedures to facilitate timely, cost-effective delivery of client services.
• Performs other related duties and participates in special projects and assignments as assigned.
Salary & Benefits:
Trilogy Behavioral Healthcare offers a competitive benefit package, including; vacation days, sick days, paid holidays, floating holidays, excellent medical, dental, and vision packages, and a casual work environment.
Trilogy Behavioral Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.